En ce 14 janvier 2014, nous faisons, pour notre plus grand bonheur, coup double. En effet, premier article de cette nouvelle et belle année, ainsi que premier article de notre blog. Nous commençons donc par publier un classement issue du site de Michael Jobling London qui, comme chaque année effectue un Top 10 des vins à boire lors des festivités de Noël :
Article Michael Jobling London daté du 13 décembre 2013 (http://www.michaeljoblingwines.com/blog/top-10-reds-for-christmas-80) :
Here are some special red wines for Christmas, like the top 10 white wines, they do not necessarily have to be expensive, but they must have the quality and individuality that help make Christmas special:
1. 2011 Fleurie La Roilette, Bernard Metrat, Beaujolais
Proper Beaujolais with good weight and flavour.
2. 2010 Chateauneuf du Pape, Les Cailloux, Andre Brunel, Rhone
This would be a perfect partner if you are having Roast Goose for Christmas
3. 2010 Cabernet Franc/Mouvedre, Domaine Bergon, Vin de Pays d’Oc
This wine is medium to full bodied with ripe fruit flavours and soft tannins.
4. 2004 Vina Arana Reserva, La Rioja Alta, Spain
This wine has elegance and pedigree, Rioja at its best full bodied and soft fruit flavours with a hint of vanilla.
5. 2010 Vouria, Uria Sarapilik, Turkey
This quirkey red is full bodied and rich, not one to have with your roast turkey but with goose, now you are talking!
6. 2009 Hooley Dooley, Dowie Doole, McLaren Vale, Australia
This Shiraz, Cabernet and Merlot blend makes a big and powerful red without being overbearing.
7. 2011 Pinot Noir, Hunters, Marlborough, New Zealand
Jane Hunters Pinot Noir vines have now got a bit of age about them resulting in a with which has more depth of flavour and character.
8. 2011 Cabernet Sauvignon, Vina Los Vascos, Colchagua Valley, Chile
A more European style Cabernet from this respected property owned by Domaines Barons de Rothschild.
9. 2010 Pinot Noir, Verum, Rio Negro, Patagonia
A deep coloured and flavoursome Pinot which will give more expensive Burgundies a run for their money.
10. 2010 Aruma Malbec, Bodegas Caro, Argentina
Malbec the national red grape of Argentina is found in its finest form in this wine, berry fruit flavours with soft tannins in the background.